At CatalystsX (Cx), our mandate is to support social innovators and social entrepreneurs – we call them "catalysts" – by connecting them with the best tools, useful connections and right support to thrive. We are always inspired by our vision, driven by our mission and rooted in our values:
Our Vision is to create a world of thoughtful, responsible changemaking.
Our Mission is to cultivate and accelerate catalysts by connecting them with the people, resources and opportunities they need to survive and thrive.
- People Power: Human potential as a leverage point for social change.
- Better Together: Reciprocal relationships as the heart of community and collaboration.
- Growth Mindset: Continuous learning and improvement.
- Paradigm Busting: Pushing the boundaries of the status quo.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Tapping into passion, initiative and a sense of responsibility.
- Open To All: Honesty and inclusivity through our words and actions.
Catalysts all share one thing in common: they want to build the world they want to live in. Our job is to help them make that happen and support them in asking questions like “why,” “why not,” “what if,” and “is that possible?” – and then finding out the answers.
Where We Are
While we have employees across Ontario and partners across the country, our mailing address is based out of Tkaronto (Toronto). We would like to acknowledge it is on the territory of the Huron-Wendat and Petun First Nations, the Seneca, and most recently, the Mississaugas of the Credit River. The territory was the subject of the Dish With One Spoon Wampum Belt Covenant, an agreement between the Iroquois Confederacy and the Ojibwe and allied Nations.
Leading By Example
If you’re curious about our approach to governance, we invite you to check-out our board policies below. We’ve often been the beneficiaries of good ideas, and we would like to return the favour in a karmic-sense with the hope this might inspire or help other organizations who are considering similar policies.